A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Colonel's Comeuppance

Today marks the one year anniversary of BuckToonz blog. In honor of this most august occasion, I am posting one of my all-time favorite cartoons. Sharp eyed readers with long memories will note that "The Far Side", had a similar cartoon a few years ago. However, I'm proud to say mine was published first.

This first year of blogging has been a great learning experience and a lot of fun.  I want to thank all of you for joining me on this ride. As of today, BuckToonz is now seen in 40 countries around the world! This is astonishing to me. As the readership grows and continues to patronize my sponsors, I can justify increasing the number of posts each week. That means more free cartoon hilarity if you help spread the word.

This first year of postings has consisted of selected cartoons from my back catalog. These toonz were carefully plucked from their hidden vault, then lovingly tweaked, colorized, and otherwise upgraded for your enjoyment. Writing these commentaries has been great fun too, and has been an opportunity for me to share the back stories behind many of the cartoons. Hopefully, these have been interesting and given you some insight into my creative process and influences.

Here are some things to look forward to in our second year together. New, never-before-seen cartoons will be making their debut. And I'm pleased to announce that BuckToonz will have an Online Store opening soon. There you will be able to purchase an array of affordable products emblazoned with your favorite BuckToonz. There will be things like: signed prints (suitable for framing), coffee mugs, mouse pads, T-shirts, bumper stickers, and whatever else I can think of. There will also be other non-cartoon creations of mine available for purchase. Such things as: humorous signs, decoupage, collage, wood carvings, sculpture, paintings, various art objects, and inventions(!) Some of these will be limited editions and one-offs. If I create it, you can own it! I believe that art--like humor, is best when shared. Whatever I produce will be made with the usual fun and whimsy you've come to expect.

I read and appreciate all of your comments. Please continue to post them here, or on my Facebook  page. It's going to be a great year folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment