A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cat-A-Lanche

A few years ago, a comedian named Rich Hall was briefly famous for his creation of “Sniglets”. A Singlet is defined as, “Any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but probably should". Sniglets are a clever form of word play often involving a pun of some sort. I have written a number of my own Sniglets over the years. One of my favorites is “Cat-A-lanche”. Allow me to explain. There was a time when I lived in a two story townhouse with my first wife. We had a bunch of critters back then. We had two dogs, four adult cats, and five kittens. Our house was in a constant state of happy chaos. For example; whenever the doorbell rang, all nine cats would run down the stairs en masse to see who was at the door. This was really fun to watch but a little hazardous if you happened to be navigating the staircase at that time. I found that the best strategy was to stand still, hold the banister, and watch as the river of cats flowed around and past me. I named this occurrence, a "Cat-A-Lanche". Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment