A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Foliage Fall Out

When I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, there were plenty of leaves to rake, and bag up each Fall. I didn't mind doing it most of the time, but I often thought that there had to be a better way somehow. We humans seem to have a strong desire to seek out ways to make things easier for ourselves, and we've gotten pretty good at it.

Fall is my favorite time of year, and as much as I love living in Texas I miss the beauty of Wisconsin in the Fall. Note the squirrel in today's cartoon. His winter food gathering effort just became more complicated. The squirrels in Wisconsin are huge compared to the ones here in Texas. Some squirrels are close to the size of your average house cat! It's the Darwin Effect at work -- only the strong survive the winters up North. My family did our part to help, and we put out food for the squirrels each Fall. We named all the "regulars" and could hand feed some of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment