A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pie Charts Are Passe

Recently in one of my art classes, we have been exploring the world of informational graphics. Informational graphics are visual interpretations of data. The simplest and most common types being pie charts and graphs. However informational graphics can be much more than just that, and I have come to the conclusion that its time to retire the Pie Chart.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big advocate of pie in all its various forms, but it's time for a change. We're all about progress here at BuckToonz.

My brilliant alternative can be seen in the illustration above which I have aptly named "The Cheese Chart".  This may take a little getting used to but switching from a fruit-filled pastery graphic, to one of dairy origin should not be a huge adjustment. This is not like trying to convince Americans to accept the Metric system. And we all know how well that worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment