A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pieces of Mind

This is a collage that has been hanging on my wall for a long time. I never seem to tire of it, and it has moved from place to place with me over the years.

It measures 18" by 48"and was made the old-school way...by hand. No Photo shop or Google images were used. Its a slow and thoughtful process to collect images, words, and phrases, that resonate with you on some level.

One fine day when it appears as though there is enough material, you sit down, trim everything out, and put it all together. There is no randomness about the collection process or the final assembly. If I recall correctly the main sources for my imagery came primarily from: TV Guide, Reader's Digest, Rolling Stone, The Weekly World News. and a few other sources I can no longer recall.


Take a look and see what you can find. I encourage you to create your own as well. Just make it for yourself, with no expectations except to enjoy the process. And remember, you are not required to share it with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment