A humor and art blog consisting of : Art Projects, Original Cartoons, Cigar Box Guitars plus other entertaining Odds & Ends. All content & imagery copyright 2010-2020



Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Fine Day at the Banjo Shop

Continuing with our "signs" theme from last week...
I was going to write a long piece about how awful it must be for employees at guitar stores who must listen to amateurs violate the same old rock riffs day after day. Then I wondered if a similar thing occurred down at the local banjo shop as well. I was then going to impress you my loyal readers, with trivia about the enormously popular bluegrass instrumental "Dueling Banjos", which was featured in the 70's film "Deliverance". For example; the soundtrack itself had a guitar and a banjo "dueling", and not two banjos as the title would suggest. Also, this hit song spawned many imitations and parodies such as "Dueling Tubas". This would then demonstrate my solid grasp of modern music history, and useless information. I was going to write about all that stuff and then decided...why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment